Charli | Natural Python-Effect Ankle BootPrix régulier $685.00 CAD
- Heel measures approximately 25mm / 1 inch
- Color: Natural python-effect
- Outer: 90% polyester, 10% polyurethane
- Sole: 50% synthetic rubber, 40% mineral composts, 10% additives
- Lining: 64% polyurethane, 36% viscose
- Made in Italy
- Fits true to size
- Italian sizing
To clean either the vegan "leather" or "suede" uppers, gently wipe with a damp cloth, being careful not to rub too much. We do not advise the use of any cleaning products, such as soap, polishing, or treatments, which may cause damage to the uppers.
Based on the “cradle to consumer” Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) conducted by SCS Global Services on AERA'S behalf, the Charli has the following impacts on the environment, and they have, or are working to offset these impacts by 110%:
- Global Warming Potential (GWP): 19.8 kg CO2 eq/pair, which is the same as driving a typical passenger vehicle for 44 miles. AERA has more than offset this impact, by 110%, by investing in the Green Trees Reforestation project. To date, this project has helped to reforest one million acres of marginal farmland in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley by planting over 42 million trees. This is certified by SCS Global Services.
- Fresh Water Consumption (FW): 0.95 m3 / pair, which is the same as running a typical dishwasher 32 times. AERA has more than offset this impact, by 110%, by investing in Water Restoration Certificates through the Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
- Primary Energy Demand (PED): 328 MJ / pair, which is the same as operating a typical refrigerator for 12 days.
- For the impacts on Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP), Acidification Potential (AP), Eutrophication Potential (EP), Smog / Photochemical Oxidant Creation Potential (POCP) and Fossil Fuel Depletion (FFD), please find more detailed information in our complete LCA, available here.
Furthermore, among other materials, various forms of plastic were used to make their shoes, weighing 408 grams or 14.4 oz in total. Although (a) they have already offset or will be more than offsetting their environmental impacts by 110%, and (b) some of their plastics originate from recycled sources, they acknowledge that plastic is not good for the planet. Thus, AERA is working with Plastic Bank, to offset the plastic used in the making of this pair of shoes by 110%. To do so, they invested in Social Plastic® Collection Credits equal to 15.8 oz of plastic prevented from entering the ocean and recycled. For more information on how this offset is achieved, please visit Plastic Bank’s website.
Finally, 95% of the materials used in AERA's shoes are made in Italy, as well as their manufacturing, which takes place in Veneto. They care about the people who make their materials and their shoes and they’re working only with suppliers and manufacturers that share and embrace AERA's values.