Blondie | Natural Python-Effect MulesRegular price $520.00 CAD
- Heel measures approximately 70mm / 2.75 inches
- Color: Natural python-effect
- Outer: 90% polyester, 10% polyurethane
- Sole: 50% synthetic rubber, 40% mineral composts, 10% additives
- Lining: 64% polyurethane, 36% viscose
- Lightly cushioned insole
- Made in Italy
- Fits small; size up one full size
- Italian sizing
To clean either the vegan "leather" or "suede" uppers, gently wipe with a damp cloth, being careful not to rub too much. We do not advise the use of any cleaning products, such as soap, polishing, or treatments, which may cause damage to the uppers.
Based on the “cradle to consumer” Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) conducted by SCS Global Services on AERA's behalf, the Blondie has the following impacts on the environment, and they have, or are working to offset these impacts by 110%:
- Global Warming Potential (GWP): 11.4 kg CO2 eq/pair, which is the same as driving a typical passenger vehicle for 25 miles. AERA has more than offset this impact, by 110%, by investing in the Green Trees Reforestation project. To date, this project has helped to reforest one million acres of marginal farmland in the Mississippi Alluvial Valley by planting over 42 million trees. This is certified by SCS Global Services.
- Fresh Water Consumption (FW): 0.69 m3 / pair, which is the same as running a typical dishwasher 23 times. They have more than offset this impact, by 110%, by investing in Water Restoration Certificates through the Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
- Primary Energy Demand (PED): 189 MJ / pair, which is the same as operating a typical refrigerator for 7 days.
- For the impacts on Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP), Acidification Potential (AP), Eutrophication Potential (EP), Smog / Photochemical Oxidant Creation Potential (POCP) and Fossil Fuel Depletion (FFD), please find more detailed information in their complete LCA, available here.
Furthermore, among other materials, various forms of plastic were used to make their shoes, weighing 181 grams or 6.4 oz in total. Although (a) they have already offset or will be more than offsetting their environmental impacts by 110%, and (b) some of their plastics originate from recycled sources, AERA acknowledges that plastic is not good for the planet. Thus, they are working with Plastic Bank, to offset the plastic used in the making of this pair of shoes by 110%. To do so, they invested in Social Plastic® Collection Credits equal to 7.0 oz of plastic prevented from entering the ocean and recycled. For more information on how this offset is achieved, please visit Plastic Bank’s website.
Finally, 95% of the materials used in AERA's shoes are made in Italy, as well as their manufacturing, which takes place in Veneto. They care about the people who make their materials and shoes, and they’re working only with suppliers and manufacturers that share and embrace AERA's values.