Breaking The Mold
Alexandra Kościkiewicz, Founder and Designer of Luxury Vegan Brand Alexandra K. is carving her way setting a new standard for what it means to wear fashion responsibly.
Founded in Poland in 2014, two of the main ideals for the brand was to always be vegan and artisan made with high craftsmanship. Alexandra K. was the first vegan Designer at allTRUEist, since 2015 we have been seen the flourishing of this amazing brand. The brand won the PETA Fashion Award for Best Handbag Design in Germany.
Alexandra knows that to be an animal friendly brand is just not enough and we must work harder to make a difference in the industry and build a brighter future for generations to come.
From day one, Alexandra has invested in her community, creating fair paid jobs and a great work environment. Each piece is handcrafted by artisans in her studio using the same techniques as major luxury brands; each craftsman creates one bag from start to finish. Teaching these rare skills to new artisans will have a long term effect on keeping the craft for years to come.
Because each piece is made one at a time, every bag with a plaque boasts a unique serial number, meaning no one else in the world will have your same bag. These little treasures are not mass produced and are made with love and artistry in small batches.
Alexandra K. is introducing innovative and technologically advanced luxurious vegan fabrics that not only protect animals but are non-toxic, environmentally friendly with superb performance.
An innovative fabric commonly called 'Corn Leather' is new to the fashion industry and a promising alternative. It’s made in Italy from corn pulp. Alexandra K brand is one of the first in the world to use this amazing fabric in it’s new collection for Spring-Summer 2020.
The fabric used by Alexandra K.'s collection is 47% or 82% corn pulp. The material is vegan and ecological. It’s also strong, extremely durable and biodegradable. It feels like soft natural skin, but of course, animal-free.
Alexandra's PU fabric (vegan leather) is a unique combination of technology and quality. They only use Italian and Spanish fabrics with eco-friendly production. Such a production does not use toxic substances (always PVC free), uses little water and energy.
Apple peel skin or apple leather is now available to the market, over 6 years of research and development have gone in to produce this excellent and environmentally friendly vegan leather.
The raw material comes from Bolzano, Italy (pictured) where the apple industry is based due to its perfect microclimates. During the production of apple juice the peels, pulp and seeds are discarded, however the researchers discovered this waste could be reused and create something else. The apple's natural wax and sugars act as catalysts to create a vegan leather that is breathable, UV resistant, highly durable, environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic.
The finely milled apple powder is then sent to the Tuscan region of Italy where it is mixed with other eco-friendly ingredients, cotton and recycled polyester. All coloring is made with pigments versus dyes, a more environmentally friendly process where all the water used is filtered in house and reused over and over.
Apple leather is the most environmentally friendly premium vegan leather available, made with patented technology in Italy, vegan certified and non-irritant to human skin.
A first in the vegan handbag market, Freedom-Leather is a coated fabric, in a way similar to PVC (vinyl) and polyurethane (PU) coated fabrics. However, that's where the similarities end and the differences begin.
Alexandra's Freedom-Leather uses a proprietary formula that is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional vegan leathers, the new fabrics posses a long list of benefits and advantages over competitor’s fabrics.
This special material is made of 100% Silicone, a unique, non plastic, non-petroleum based material admired for its sustainability qualities – in its raw form it is one of the most common elements found in nature, quartz sand. Not only is it less intrusive on the environment, but the production of it is less taxing on natural resources. It requires less water, raw material, and electricity to produce compared to PU and PVC.
With its non-solvent production technique and with the lack of PVC or PU elements, FL is much safer and healthier than traditional fabrics.
Unlike PVC fabrics, Freedom-Leather does not use chlorine in any of the production process, and the fabrics do not leak VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds) throughout their life.
There's no need to clog up landfills, Freedom-leather is recyclable. These fabrics surpass environmental standards, so you can breathe comfortably knowing that you are using a fabric that's safe for you, and the environment in addition to being 100% cruelty-free.
We take pride that Freedom-Leather is of a higher standard and safe to use by anyone, some key points:
- Freedom-Leather is compliant with RoHS, REACH, California Prop 65, & CAL01350.
- Qualifies for international and domestic environmental programs: LEED v4, Green Globes, BREEAM, BREEAM International, Living Building Challenge, CHPS, UP EPA Federal Purchasing.
- Healthier Hospitals Initiative: does not contain anti-microbrials, formaldehyde, PFCs, PVC, or flame retardants.
- Freedom-Leather is PVC and PU free.
- There is no use of plasticizers, phthalates, heavy metals (including mercury), or Bisphenol A (BPA).
- There is no use of solvents throughout production, which guarantees ultra-low VOC emissions.
- Freedom-Leather is produced from start, raw materials, to finished fabrics in one ISO 9001 compliant facility. The same silicone material can be used to produce baby bottle nipples, a testament to its safety and non-toxicity.
ENHANCED PERFORMANCE Half the challenge is to find the right fabrics that are made responsibly with the future in mind, the other half is to make sure they look great and PERFORM well.
Freedom-Leather brings exceptional performance that is not seen in other vegan leathers. At the end of the day you are investing on a luxurious item, it’s our mission to provide you with pieces that will withstand the test of time.
- Highly Durable & Abrasion Resistant, our fabrics have passed 100,000+ Wyzenbeek double rubs, over 130,000 Martindale rubs, and 3000+ Taber rub tests.
- Stain Resistant, easy clean for wine, coffee, denim dye, lipstick, ink and much more.
- Extreme Temperature Endurance with no cracking, resistant from -40°C (-40 Fahrenheit) to 70°C (158 Fahrenheit)
- High Humidity and Humidity Aging Resistance passed “Jungle experiment”, 70 days in 95% humidity and 70°C (158 Fahrenheit).
- Resistance to Salt Water (salt spray test): Acid, 1000 hours test with no change
- Resistance to Light Aging: UV Stability light resistance
- Environmentally friendly
Peace-Leather & Peace-Suede are made 100% in Italy with patented technology consisting of high technical performance that can perfectly imitate properties of natural leather while remaining completely animal-free. It is a high-end alternative possessing advantages over animal leather and common PU vegan leathers.
Peace-Leather, a grain leather texture, is not a coated fabric and the grain is not printed or embossed onto the fabric, a big differentiator to any other vegan leather. These fabrics are made from an exclusive patented white raw material created from ultra-fine microfiber bundles, the fabric is then dyed by tannery technology into drums (similar to real leather process), and during that process is where a natural grain appears. The advantage of this exclusive finish is that there is no peeling or cracking.
Peace-Suede is also made from a patented raw material with a blend of recycled polyamide and recycled PU, this fabric’s exclusive formula looks and feels like real suede but provides much more durability, tenacity, elasticity, resilience and stain resistance.
Some key points on Peace-Leather & Peace-Suede
- Decreased use of solvents during production process.
- Made with recycled nylon chips, recycled PU resin and recycled PET (plastic bottles)
- Does not contain PVC.
- Reduced energy consumption during production.
- All dyes are water based
- RLS Compliant (Rappresentante dei Lavoratori per la Sicurezza) Italian Workers' Safety Representative, it represents and protects workers' rights in the field of workplace safety within companies.
- Pass REACH regulations, a European Union regulation that addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment.
- Hypoallergenic, non-sensitizing and non-toxic.
Peace-Leather looks, feels and performs like no other vegan leather. Peace-Suede is a premium fabric that resembles real suede in look and texture.
Benefits of this great Italian fabric are:
- Stain and scratch resistant
- High abrasion and flex resistance
- High resistance to adhesion, oils and chemicals
- Fire & heat retardant