ECOALF IS B CORP™ CERTIFIED
The concept of the brand came after the birth of Javier's son, Alfredo (the company is named after him), when he was reflecting upon the world we would leave to the next generation and his frustration with the excessive use of the world’s natural resources. ECOALF was born in 2009.
The idea was to create a fashion brand that is truly sustainable. By integrating breakthrough technology they create clothing and accessories made entirely from recycled materials…without actually looking like it.
ECOALF exclusively develops fabrics for future generations.
Javier Goyeneche President, Founder
ENVIRONMENTAL & SOCIAL IMPACT IN THE PRODUCTION CHAIN
- Every part of the process in the production chain of consumption generates a direct environmental impact on our planet. This is why all of ECOALF’s providers have at least one Bluesign® certification and/or STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- All ECOALF products abide with the REACH standard (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals). REACH is an analytics company that verifies that chemical products used in production are not harmful.
- To guarantee the adherence to environmental and social standards, ECOALF has created an internal code with all its providers, demanding at least one of the following certifications: BSCI or SA8000.
-Traveler Sostenible & Eco of Condé Nast Traveler, España for our Ocean waste sneaker
-IMF Business School Award for the Best Business of the year, Spain
-Gentleman Sustainability Award, España
-PETA Award for the 100% VEGAN Collection FELDER FELDER, Britain
-Gold Medal of the Red Cross, Spain
-Ecoalf nominated for the prize awarded by the Design Museum in London
-Beazley Designs Of The Year in its tenth edition
- Land Rover Award in the category of "Technology and innovation". Madrid
-Vocento Award for "The best business values"
-Berlin design award by the Ecoalf Berlin store. Berlin
-Bid Award, Design and Sustainability for the capsule collection with Sybilla. Madrid
- El Confidencial-KPMG Award for the best Initiatives in Eco-efficiency
-Acotex Award to the "Best Fashion Store"
Design and Innovation Award of the magazine Fuera de Serie
-European Environment Award to the Company. Product for sustainable development
- BID14_4th Iberoamerican Biennial Award for Design and Sustainability Design
-BID14_4th Iberoamerican Design Biennial Award for Fashion / Textile Design
-Laus Bronze Award for Graphic Design and Visual Communication
-Fashion National Award for Entrepreneurship
Both recycled fabric and organic fabric are sustainable raw materials.
At ECOALF, they prefer to use recycled fabrics because their negative environmental impact is much lower.
Sustainability is the future of fashion and ECOALF is thankful to the future generations of Millennials and Generation Z sharing their vision to educate communities, as well as demanding sustainability from the industry.
The brand is developing a service to collect ECOALF's used garments to recycle them and give them another use. Additionally, the team is internally investing in R&D to further extend the life cycle of the garments and urge consumers to recycle to close the loop.